#1 Container Size
California Native Monarch Butterfly Foodplant
An easy to grow native perennial that grows two to three feet tall by equal width and rhizomes that spread the plant to form small stands. It has narrow mid-green five-inch-long leaves bundled in fascicles and attractive two-inch-wide clusters of rose-pink flowers through the summer. Then in late summer goes dormant to re-emerge in mid-spring. Best planted in full sun but will grow in part sun at the sacrifice of flowers. Accepts water when given but this drought tolerant plant can be grown in extremely dry conditions and is tolerant of a wide range of soil types, including clay.
To learn more about saving Monarch butterflies go to:
- Light Needs: Full sun
- Watering Needs: Low water needs
- Average Landscape Size: Reaches 2 to 3 ft. tall, 2 to 3 ft. wide.
- Blooms: Spring and Summer
- Plant Type: Perennial
- Foliage Color: Green
- Flower Color: Pink
- Garden Style: Butterfly and habitat gardens, flower gardens, cottage gardens
- USDA Hardiness Zone: 6-10
* Delivery available in Orange County, CA only.
* Please allow up to 10 business days for delivery.
* Deliveries made Monday through Friday.
* In-store pick-up available 10 days after order date.
* Plants are sourced from local California growers for each individual order.
* Please select a delivery or pickup date that is 10 days from order date during check-out.